the Other Woman synopsis:
If you forgot what the comedy The Other Woman is about, it's three girlfriends who form an unlikely friendship that celebrates girl power in an unexpected way. Diaz's character, attorney Carly Whitten, learns her seemingly perfect boyfriend is married to Mann's character, Kate, so you get how the story probably goes. Not so fast, throw in the beautiful and voluptuous Upton as the mistress and you have the merging of three women who are on a mission!
What is a the Other Woman Closet Swap Party?
So what's up with the closet swap party theme? In the movie, Carly and Kate bond during a scene where they have a dress up night with all the luxurious clothes in Carly's closet hence the night in/closet swap party idea. This might inspire you to get a few friends over to have your own closet swap party and if you need some ideas or fresh clothing, check out SNOBSWAP where you can swap out what you don't want for something you really want and stella & dot for more great jewelry and more pieces as well as more great ideas.
Other Woman Closet Swap Party:
- Select your date and if you are having it for yourself, pick before the holidays if you want to go elegant or seasonal pending on what you would like to gain and give up. This is a perfect time for your kids and starting back to school too!
- Send invitations early enough to give guests time to go through their closets. Remind guests to bring clean, gently used clothing and/or unused cosmetics and perfumes. Evite is a free service perfect for inviting your friends and family.
- Prepare a menu of drinks and light snacks as you don't want to have too many messy fingers.
- Establish a shopping system as you want to make sure it's all fair and that no one gets all the best wanted items. Draw straws or have a random number system to determine order.
- If you have the space, set up areas to make it look pretty and organized. Use either portable closets if you have them or clothes line to hang and tables for accessories and cosmetics. Don't forget the mirrors too! You can always ask one of your guests to bring a mirror or two if they have them.
- Don't forget to suggest left over items be donated to a women's shelter or another agency to pay it forward.
Our Other Woman Closet Swap Party consisted of some fingernail prep time as no party is complete without feeling all girly! Our snack and drink table looks a little plain here as normally we go all out when it comes to a party but we ran out of time with trying to make all the displays look good. Since we give a lot of parties, we had plenty of tables and figures to make it all look great. The key to a great swap party is displaying the items in an organized, functional yet pretty way. The Stella & dot catalog offered some fun with seeing all the available pretty items as well as SNOBSWAP so we had our online time station for those that were done swapping or waiting their turn. The beauty with providing a computer for the guests was they could look for fashion ideas for their new or potentially new clothes and find great accessories too!
Thanks to our participation, we had lovely party favors to give each guest that included a nice carrying tote, nail polish, a manicure set, a tape measure, a cute pink hanger and instant flip flops. We also had a party raffle of two gorgeous tote bags with a beautiful leopard print cosmetic bag which was a huge hit.
Of course the other purpose we were there was to watch the Other Woman via our complimentary Digital HD copy from iTunes. It was a slapstick comedy of female bonding proportions where cheating hubby gets put in his place by this unlikely trio. Nearly everyone enjoyed the movie and it's hard to not want to jump on the treadmill after seeing these three beauties especially Upton. I think it's one of those revenge type comedies that appeals to many women because so many of us have had a bad relationship so even if we didn't live out some of those revenge plots, we did with these trio. I won't give too much away but if you want a few laughs, this is the movie to watch solo or best with a bunch of your girlfriends. It might not be a bad one for your significant other so they can see what can go grown with straying!
The next time you want an excuse to get together with the girls, plan a closet swap, get some great new clothes and have a finale by watching the Other Woman.
Please note that the party favors, raffle gifts and movie were complimentary.