As parents, we are in the internet and digital age. We are a techy group of sophisticated parents entertaining and teaching our children in many ways. I know that I'm still a big supporter of books and encourage my children to read and have a huge library to choose from. I also like to find other ways to stimulate, entertain and education. My girls and grandchild adore Peppa Pig and everything to do with her and her family. When I learned about the Peppa Pig Happy Mrs. Chicken app for preschoolers, I had to let the girls give it a try. My girls have watched Peppa, George, Mommy Pig, Daddy Pig, Suzy Sheep and Rebecca Rabbit for quite some time now. I will honestly admit, I am not a fan of the enormous snort from Daddy Pig but the girls laugh each time so it's worth it!
- Maze provides six different mazes to play with guiding the little chicks to the exit by providing feed. If one maze is too tough, they can start at a lower level and build themselves up higher. It's a great way to build that hand to eye coordination as they maneuver around the corners.
- Chicken Coop has four different levels with times to guide the chicks to their proper homes. This helps to increase awareness and to learn to understand details.
- Muddle Puddles is another timed game that has your child jumping over as many puddles as possibles. When they win, they win more stickers!
- Happy Mrs. Chicken has the child tapping the screen to get Mrs. Chicken to lay as many eggs as possible. This gives them a goal to beat by laying more eggs in the next round as well as learning how to lay them in a pattern which is a skill taught in kindergarten.
- Jigsaw Puzzle has three different puzzles with the choice of either two, nine or sixteen puzzle pieces. This is another great game for hand eye coordination as well as problem solving.
- Sticker Book is where even more fun begins! Eight different backgrounds allows the child to have fun with the stickers they earned by making new scenes. It's easy to use with just tap and slide.
Happy Mrs. Chicken is a fun, interactive and intuitive app that will keep children ages two to five busy, happy and motivated to earn the next sticker. Both my two year old grand daughter and my five year old daughter loved it! Neither required instruction as it's easy to play and it's fun. It's inexpensive and worth the $2.99 for downloading at iTunes. It is compatable with iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Nokia E7, N8, C7 and C6-01 Android operating system 2.1 and above.
*Disclosure: I did receive this app in exchange for the review. The opinions are of my own.
Check out my other giveaways here.