If you are a regular with my blog, you have read about WhitePages and the great services provided. I use WhitePages quite a bit and love the neighbors feature to locate my neighbor's information. Since I recently moved, I needed to find one of my old neighbor's but I didn't know his last name but a quick look on WhitePages was all I needed. Prior to our move, I wanted to see a location of a house and I used WhitePages again to try to determine the location since it wasn't on Google Maps. I love WhitePages and now they are offering a new service called Names.
Names provides the user with an easy to navigate site that can be used to find information about a name. Whether you are a soon to be parent, a prospective animal owner or even a gamer or want to know how to pronounce a name, WhitePages has it all for you. With the digital age, many people who play games online has to create their character or toons and then need to create a name. This is often hard to do so I can see this feature very useful for them too.
The Names home page will show you the most popular names and a hand picked name of the day. I was curious so I used my name, Judy. As easy as entering the name in the right hand box and the information is really cool:
- Continue reading if the name is the first name or click on the link if the name is the last name.
- Option to hear how it's pronounced.
- History of the name and ranking in the US.
- Nicknames of Judy.
- Quick facts and apparently, South Dakota has the most Judy's! As I suspected, my name is an old name and the popularity was at its height in 1945.
- Distribution map of the name and percentage of ages with the name.
- Top Twitterers.
- Common last names and more.