We received M&M's, fun rainy day activities, a deck of cards, a purple fleece blanket (we love purple due to epilepsy awareness) and eight DVDs. This was an amazing pack of great fun and the girls really had fun with the blanket, candies and the movies. They have already played a few times with the cards. Some of these movies you might have heard about and other you may not:
- I Heart Shakey - follows a single father, Steve Guttenberg, and his daughter as they move from a small town to Chicago with their family mutt named Shakey. After not reading the rental contract completely, they discover they have to get rid of Shakey and find a new home. The family fun movie ends up teaching a lesson about loyalty and the importance of families staying together.
- Rockstars releases in August and has been awarded the Robert Award for Best Children/Family Film of 2012. Gloria and Barry, earthworms, live at the bottom of the food chain. One day when an old disco record turns Barry's life upside down and he decides to start the world's greatest disco band. Gloria becomes a singing sensation and shows the audience that earthworms can boogie.
- Space Dogs - one of my girls' favorites! This is an exciting tale based on the true story of Belka and Strelka, two dogs sent to space in 1960.
- Smitty is a heart warming story starring Peter Fonda, MIra Sorino and Louis Gossett, Jr. Thirteen year old Ben and his struggling single mother is now facing the ramifications of his bad behavior and is sent to spend the summer with his estranged grandfather. Jack, his grandfather, gets Ben a dog and between the dog and Gossett, he learns some new life lessons.
- Kiara the Brave takes you to the land of Dreamzone which is a magical and peaceful kingdom. The king is captures and imprisoned by his evil brother and it's up to his daughter to save him.
- My Friend Bernard releases in August and is based on a popular international hit animated series. Sam, a shy boy, is afraid of almost everything. One day, a mysterious man provides a magical pendant that provides a polar bear, Bernard, that becomes a solution to all his problems. Bernard helps him lose all of his fears and enables Sam to face all his fears to include monsters.
- Freddy Frogface centers around ten year old Victor and his friends who have to face a world full of stern grown ups and the town bully, Freddy Frogface. Watch Victor perform in the circus as it comes to town and what Freddy Frogface does.
- Donkey X is based on a 400 year old Spanish classic tale "Don Quijote de la Mancha and follows Rucio who is the most adventurous, brave donkey of Castile. Rucio joins Don Quijote on his quest to battle and has to overcome obstacles.
Curious about the sweepstakes? Prizes include round-trip tickets to Toronto to secure a role on Dino Dan! This is a big deal among kids given the originality and creativity of the creators not to mention a cast of talented kids and interesting dinosaurs. Also, a four day West Coast Princess Cruise for four and a seven day vacation for four to the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. This place is really cool and a must see!
It's easy to enter, just select one of the "Family Fun" movies at a Redbox location and enter an e-mail address at checkout and you will be automatically entered. You can also enter without renting a DVD by visiting www.redboxsummerfamilyfun.com.
To find a Redbox location near you, click here for Redbox locations.
*Dislosure: We received a complimentary rainy day SOS kit from Child's Play Communication. The opinions are of my own.
Check out my giveaways here.