The holiday season is upon us which means more interactions with the public for finding that perfect gift along with holiday get togethers where people are brought together to share the good times and the germs. I might be a cut above the average person in worrying about germs as I have a young daughter who crashes whenever she gets a sick. When I say crash, I mean she needs rescue medications to prevent something really serious from happening. She has an unknown pulmonary and/or immune issue that prevents her from fighting off infections like a normal child. This is why I don't go far without my PURELL® Advanced Hand Sanitizer. I go to all sorts of lengths to keep us healthy:
- I already mentioned PURELL® Advanced Hand Sanitizer and with the new holiday collection of Wintergreen Mint, Sweet Plum, Holiday Spice and O Christmas Tree, I can liven up the scent for my little ones thus encouraging them to use it. I take PURELL® Advanced Hand Sanitizer with me on the go, one in my car, one near my girl's computers in case they sneeze and a couple of more around the house just to encourage germ free hands in case they can't or won't wash their hands.
- Even though I'm not always listened to, I preach washing hands and often. The birthday song is a good one to have children sing to as they wash to ensure they are washing their hands for the recommended time. I even encourage them to clean under the fingernails since a lot of things lurk under them.
- Eating right is essential to good health. With the holiday season and the hustle and bustle of everything, we may not always eat healthy but there are easy ways to encourage that from the apple slices in Happy Meals to trying to choose wiser if eating out.
- We take our vitamins daily and with the colder weather, getting outside to get some of that essential Vitamin D is not always possible. I give them a multi-vitamin and a Vitamin D supplement.
- Proper rest is another way in helping our bodies fight those little invaders who want to be the Grinch at Christmas. Getting the recommended amount of sleep is essential to every day living. We don't want our children to miss out on Santa do we?
There are many ways in staying healthy throughout the winter season. From clean hands, proper rest and good nutrition, it will help arm ourselves against the various illnesses. The holiday season is a perfect time for picking up things from infected grocery carts, door handles, get togethers and more, arming yourself with a bottle of PURELL® Advanced Hand Sanitizer is a good first defense when hand washing is not possible. Carrying one in your purse, diaper bag or minimally the car, is the route I would recommend. Don't forget PURELL® Advanced Hand Sanitizer and the Jelly WRAPTM carriers make good stocking stuffers!
Click here for a special Purell coupon.
Click here for a special Purell coupon.
About PURELL® Hand Sanitizer
Formulation matters. New PURELL® Advanced Hand Sanitizer is scientifically formulated to kill the most germs. Independent tests using FDA methods prove it. Just 1 squirt of PURELL® Advanced Hand Sanitizer kills as many germs as two squirts of any other national brand.* This breakthrough formulation also includes four different skin conditioners that make PURELL® Advanced Hand Sanitizer that will help soothe your skin and maintain moisture – no matter how often you use it. More info on PURELL Advanced Hand Sanitizer: http://purell.com/purell-advanced.aspx
The Science Behind the Breakthrough.
New PURELL® Advanced Hand Sanitizer offers enhanced bacteria killing power in a formulation that makes it mild and soothing on the skin. The scientists at GOJO, backed by their 65 years in skin health and hand hygiene innovation, were able to develop a formulation that maximizes the impact of alcohol on bacteria. This new family of products works by penetrating the membrane of the germ cell more effectively, maximizing the germ-destroying power of the alcohol. As a result, PURELL® Advanced Hand Sanitizer is proven to kill more than 99.99% of the germs on hands. The innovation that became new PURELL® Advanced Hand Sanitizer was so well received by the scientific community that GOJO won the respected APIC 2011 Rutala Award for a paper devoted to the subject. And now we hand the breakthrough to you.
* Ounce for ounce kills more germs on hands than other national brands. Based on comparative study of average pump bottles using FDA Healthcare Personnel Handwash guidelines. National brands based on 52-week IRI scan data.
More info on PURELL® Hand Sanitizer: http://www.purell.com/
Follow PURELL® Hand Sanitizer on Twitter: @Purell
PURELL® Hand Sanitizer on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/purell
*Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in a paid SocialMoms and PURELL® Advanced Hand Sanitizer blogging program. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own. To read more posts on this topic, click here.
Check out my giveaways here.